Tuesday, July 28, 2015

PLEIN AIR ON A SUMMER DAY

SUMMER WETLAND

Last weekend, the Central Ohio Plein Air group met at a metropark south of Columbus called Pickerington Ponds. The day promised to be a hot one, so many people arrived very early to get their paintings started.  Unfortunately, I was not one of them.  I did stand in a shelter to get this view, but had to put up my umbrella to keep my easel and palette in the shade. I needed the shade to be comfortable and to judge my colors on the palette, but the shade proved to be too dark to judge my colors on an already dark toned canvas. I ended up with a really dark painting and had to lighten it up when I got home.  Another lesson learned.  Always take a variety of toned and untoned canvases along- you never know what conditions will be upon arrival at your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...