Sunday, June 2, 2019

Welcome Gold

Click to Bid

This golden sunflower flower was "the last one standing" in my bouquet so I wanted to honor it with a painting.  Yellow is such a happy color and a welcome color now that summer is upon us.

In my reading about the color yellow I found that one of the earliest sources  comes
from India where the it is made from the urine of cows that have been fed mango leaves.  Not such a great way to get the color, but it just shows what a society will do in order to make the world beautiful.  The yellows I use today have cadmium in them, and I take precaution by wearing gloves when I paint.  Again, what we do to make the world a more beautiful place.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...