Monday, September 14, 2015

GOING LARGE

LAZY RIVER
This painting is my first attempt at painting in a larger format.  For years, I have painted pretty small, usually nothing over 18" x 24".  For this piece, I challenged myself to go a little larger, so I went up to 30" x 30".  I liked painting larger, and had to discipline myself to use the largest brush I had.  Much of the sky and most of the water was painted using a palette knife, which really speeded up the process.

This painting is from another one of the trips we made this summer when my husband was competing in aerobatic competitions. It is another view of the Saginaw River just south of Bay City, MI. It was a beautiful evening and a beautiful river. I have several other photos of this river, so you might see more of it in my future works.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...