Thursday, September 26, 2019

Sunlit Willow


The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and the very sturdy trunk and branches that are low hanging to the ground. I like how this tree was sunlit from the back and how the grasses in the fields are starting to turn into their fall colors, ready to go dormant for the winter. My goal was to capture the feeling of movement in the branches and the sunlight behind them.

The painting is painted on Arches oil paper.  It is a paper that is treated so the oil in the paint does not bleed through.  I like using this paper when I am trying something new or just want to experiment.
The oil does seem to soak into the paper more than other supports,  but I've enjoyed using it.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...