Tuesday, October 23, 2018

QUAKIES



This is the time of year that those of us who love color wait for.  I was inspired to paint this by one of the hikes I took into the national forests in and around our area of Utah.  The Aspens were at their peak a few weeks ago and I have taken many photos of them.  The locals call them Quakies because their leaves shimmer in the sun and reflect their golden color.  

This was painted on a black canvas and I like how some of the black in the background shows through, giving the painting a graphic feel.  When I was working in colored pencil many years ago,  I often used a toned paper, sometimes much darker, as my support for the pencil, and I loved the look it achieved.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...