Thursday, December 10, 2015

Returning Landscape

GOLDEN TREETOPS

This painting was done because of a need to "feel" the landscape again.  We are coming into the time of year when all color is mostly gone and winter sets upon us its subtle colors for several months.  This is not my favorite time of year when it comes to painting. So I looked through my photos and came upon this scene from the summer when my husband and I were out on a road trip visiting a sick friend.  

This scene was painted using local color.  My intent was to capture the reflections of the sun on the building and treetops as it was setting.  I like how the green band of the sloping hillside is intersected by the building, and just the tops of the trees are caught in the sun's last glow. Also the rows of grasses in the field draw your eye back to the building and its cast shadow. It was a lovely day and a lovely memory. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...