Monday, November 14, 2016

KEEPING AUTUMN ALIVE


The Colors of Autumn, study

Autumn is probably my most favorite of all seasons and I am very sad when all of the leaves have dropped and there is no more splendid color to enjoy.  There is a tree that I pass almost every day when walking our dog that always has the best color of any on the street.  When it was at its peak, I snapped a few photos and used them for this study. Now it may seem boring to you to see that this is just a painting of a few branches from a tree,  but I feel that this painting is like a still life - a beautifully arranged composition that leads the eye through the subject. I like how the branches grab your eye and lead them from the left to the right of the painting, showing the motion of the wind as it ruffles through the tree.
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...