Tuesday, May 19, 2015

REMEMBERING


BRIGHT SPOT ON A STORMY DAY

On a recent paint out with the Ohio Plein Air Society, I painted at a large farm near Mechanicsburg, OH.  As many of you know, I was raised on a farm, so this view of a gravity wagon seemed very familiar. It was a stormy day, with rain showers moving through intermittently.  It was a challenge just to keep myself and my painting equipment dry, but my umbrella worked like a charm, and I was able to do this little painting. I did have a challenge with getting the paint to adhere to some areas of my gesso board that had gotten wet from the storm.  It really is true what they say about oil and water not mixing!! Here's to farming memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...