Sunday, November 1, 2015

All Travel, No Painting


AUTUMN COLLECTION #1

Autumn is my absolute favorite time of the year.  The days are usually sunny and dry and the leaves turn the most beautiful colors.  This October, I was fortunate enough to travel over half of the month. Unfortunately, most of that traveling did not involve any painting.  I did get lots of photo references for future paintings, but to someone who likes to paint everyday, it was almost painful not to get that paintbrush in my hand.

This painting is from what I tend to gather at this time of year.  I love collecting leaves and anything with an autumn feel.  Acorns are another favorite and I always marvel at how many of them fall every year only to be destroyed or eaten by wildlife.

This painting is titled "Autumn Collection #1".  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...