Friday, January 4, 2019

Distinguished

Click to Bid

This little Boston Terrier is ready to party, and he looks so distinguished in his red bow-tie.
I found his inspiring photo on the Morgue File and decided it was a good subject.  I liked his determined expression and wanted to take a stab at capturing it in a painting.  Many of my paintings start from photos,  and they are subjects that catch my eye in some way.  Most of the time, I change several things to make them a better compostition, and many times the color is adjusted. I have been experimenting with brightly colored underpaintings and find that I like the contrast, especially with simple subjects like this pup.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...