Tuesday, August 11, 2015

VINTAGE

Historial Duo
A few weekends ago, I was in Bay City, MI were my husband was competing in an aerobatic competition. The airport has this great old historical hangar that they are trying to preserve.  It was built in 1929 and has many of the original windows and huge sliding metal doors.  It served as the hangar for storing the competition airplanes at the end of the day.  The first evening there was one of those
evenings where there is this golden light during the late afternoon, early evening.  I snapped several photos of the airplanes as they were being brought into the hangar for the evening.  This particular plane, a pre- WWII reproduction of a German Bucker Jungmann, caught my eye as it sat near the windows.  It just glowed, partly because of the yellow color it is painted and partly because of where it was sitting in the hangar. I snapped several photos and knew it would be a painting.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...