Thursday, January 14, 2016

SIMPLE SHELTER

WORK TRUCK

I spotted this old work truck while scouting out places to paint during the OPAS painting competition last fall in Alexandria, OH.  The truck looked like it had seen better days and it's parking shed wasn't much better, but I love old ramshackle things so I stored the photo as a possible painting. This painting brings back memories of farm trucks and the years I spent growing up on the family farm.

This one is done on gesso board that's toned in a dark mixture of burnt sienna and ultramarine blue.
After toning it, I wiped it down and some of the stain remained as my background. I especially like the red of the truck and the little pops of color in the downspouts and brick building in the background.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...