Friday, June 30, 2017

Getting Out

SUMMER MEADOW


During a recent trip to an agricultural area north of Columbus,  I was able to get some great photos of the fields and meadows for future painting ideas.  This particular meadow had a great tree line where the sky was sparkling through the trees.  I love this effect, so knew that it would become a painting at some point.  In this small study, I experimented with toning the board in red and purple acrylic paint then painting in oil on top of it.  The acrylic dries very quickly, so it was ready to go in about 5 minutes. I like how the acrylic colors underneath show through the painting in some areas adding interest and texture.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...