Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Landscape

ADENA CREEK BRIDGE

Summer is in fill swing and I have been getting out more to paint.  Not all of my paintings have been successful but I'm learning a lot about capturing an idea quickly and hope that by summer's end,  I will have speeded things up a bit.  I painted this view the day after a plein air class, and returned a second day to finish because I lost the light and my shadows moved. I was trying to use what I had learned in class, to paint with a purpose, not to worry if the first color choice is wrong, and to get the large shapes down first.  I like how this one turned out, even though it is decidedly very green.
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...