Friday, May 17, 2019

The Calling


This painting is a commission for a friend that I met while on a recent mission trip to Bolivia. He related a very touching story to me of how he was called to serve God as a deacon while he was praying on a rooftop terrace shown in the painting.  He said he was torn about this being something he should do and asked God for a sign. He says he felt he got the answer to his question in the form of a shooting star. This happens to be the terrace of the hotel where all of the missioners in our group stayed while in Sucre, so many of the missioners had photos of this area and I used them as my inspiration. I am very honored that he asked me to paint this remembrance for him.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...