Monday, May 23, 2016

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

WHITE PINE MEMORIES, STUDY

This painting brought many memories flooding back.  As I have said before, I love trees, especially white pines.  They have the softest, longest needles of all the pines, and I love the smell of them.  I also love hearing the wind blow through them.

As a little girl, I recall playing in the stand of white pines that my father planted on a hillside to help with erosion control. It felt like my special place and I wonder after all these years if they are still standing. The inspiration for this painting is from a photo I took while hiking at High Banks metro park.  I had to kind of bushwhack to get close to these trees, but it was worth it.   I got this photo in the late afternoon while the sun was low and the highlights on the trees were so interesting I had to do this study.  I think it will be the start of a larger work.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...