Saturday, May 21, 2016

FOR THE LOVE OF TREES

SUNNY SYCAMORE #1

I love everything about trees.  They are my favorite landscape feature, and I love painting them.  The Sycamore tree says "mid-west" to me, even though I have seen them in Paris lining the Seine.  I love the lovely bark that sheds itself in the fall and the leaves as large as dinner plates that turn a lovely golden brown in the autumn. This particular Sycamore is along a bike path that I frequently use. On this day, the sun was glinting off the bark and lighting up the tree in a spectacular way. Because it is still spring, the leaves have not reached their full size and many of the branches are still visible.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...