Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Van Gogh Days


CHANNELING VAN GOGH #1

Two years ago, I got to visit Amsterdam and see the many works by Vincent Van Gogh.  A year ago,  I visited some of the sites in France where Van Gogh painted and the asylum where he spent time recovering from his metal illnesses.  I stood in fields, gardens and city streets where he had painted.  Some of the buildings were still there so it was easy to imagine the artist with his easel doing what he loved.  

This is my attempt at painting a sunflower.  I have tried to do them justice, but have wiped off more panels than I care to admit until I finally got to this one that I am quite happy with. I think it has a somewhat Van Gogh look about it and for that I am pleased.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...