Saturday, October 29, 2016

LOVING ARCHITECTURE


The Turquoise House

Before I started painting, I was an interior designer. I practiced commercial design, doing space planning and design mainly for hospitals and other health care facilities.  So my love of architecture is well founded, having studied it extensively in school.  I love architecture to this day, especially of the historical kind.  I love older homes and have always wanted to gut and remodel a house someday.

I spotted this cute frame house during a trip to Ann Arbor, MI.  We lived there at one time, and I had a friend that lived in this historic area called the Old West Side. I loved the color of this house and how the red background that I painted on this board pops through to contrast with the turquoise.
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...