Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Down Memory "Lane"


Knee High by the 4th of July

Growing up, our farmhouse was at the end of a very long lane, a quarter of a mile to be exact.  During the summer, it was enclosed by fields of corn, soybeans, and wheat, almost like a fortress.

Passing by the inspiration for this painting, I was struck by how closely this land resembles the old farmhouse and surrounding fields where I grew up so many years ago.  I loved how the trees created a sparkle where the sunlight filters through the leaves.  I also have fond memories of the saying that I heard every summer about the growing corn.  It needed to be knee high by the 4th of July in order to be a good crop that year. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...