Thursday, April 9, 2015

Italian Memories

Several years ago, my husband and I traveled to Italy for a bike tour vacation. We spent a few days in Florence before the tour began, taking in the sites and getting over our jet-lag.  While there, I was amazed at the local traffic which consisted of many motor bikes, scooters and tiny cars. They zipped around the city seemingly in total chaos amid beeps and shouts and rude hand gestures.  I marveled at the fact that there were many near misses but I never saw an accident.  The parking also amazed me, for the Italians were experts at squeezing into tiny spaces.  This dark blue Fiat was one such car.  It had managed to squeeze into an area at the edge of a roadway, it's front wheels still turned at an awkward angle.

  Italian Blue                                             
To see this and other artwork, go to www.carolgranger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...