Sunday, April 12, 2015

Plein Air Season is Upon Us!!

Yesterday, the local plein air group that I paint with,  Central Ohio Plein Air, painted at one of the local Columbus area metro parks.   This is my first time out this year with the group, and it was so good to be outdoors again, even though it was a bit chilly at 8:30 AM. The term "plein air" is French and means, "in the open air". My goal this year is to try to complete a painting in one sitting (alla prima), which is harder for me that anything because I tend to pick my work apart once I get home, adding or deleting as I see fit to make a better painting. So here is my first plein air painting of the year.
" EARLY SPRING, BLENDON WOODS"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...