Tuesday, June 16, 2015

KEEPING IT LOOSE


SUNLIGHT AT GLICK PARK

During the last plein air session that I attended, I made a conscience decision to try to loosen up my work. The area I choose to paint was a road leading down to the river.  It was a terribly hot and humid day, so painting this view would put me in the shade.  The view also had lots of lights and darks, which I felt would make for an interesting painting. I began by putting in the areas of the lightest lights and the darkest darks, then quickly filled in the mid-tones. I used the largest brush that I had brought with me and that forced me to make bolder marks.  Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the painting. You can see a larger version of this painting on my web-site, carol granger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunlit Willow

Click to Bid The willow tree is one of my favorites. I love the shape of the tree, it's tiny leaves that glimmer in the sunlight and ...